Samsung’s TouchWiz software is known all around the world as being bloated. Many people also hate on the looks, though I say that Samsung pioneered Material design before we even had Holo (I know that will get some people mad). But it’s true that TouchWiz gets slow and affects performance far more than AOSP, and it looks like Samsung is finally going to fix it.
According to Business Korea, industry sources claim that Samsung’s next iteration of TouchWiz for the Galaxy S6 will be far lighter on the features and the bloat. In fact, one said that they’re aiming to simplify the user interface to the level of the Nexus 6. If TouchWiz was as fast and as simple as AOSP, I’m sure a lot more people will be happy.
With the plateau in hardware innovation, everything now rides on software. So Samsung toning down TouchWiz actually seems pretty logical this time around, despite hearing this story numerous times over the last few years. If Samsung nails it on the software, I’ll gladly keep buying the hardware. Will this change your mind on Samsung devices? Leave a comment!
Android Match

Post a Comment