Samsung Galaxy J5 Allegedly Overheats and Starts Smoking in France


We almost got used to hearing stories about the Galaxy Note 7 explosions. But this week, another Samsung phone goes in the spotlight – for a reason we are all too familiar with.

It’s seem Samsung’s popular mid-ranger, the J5 found itself in a similar Galaxy Note7 scenario. A French woman, Layma Bouyirdane living in the city of Pau spoke to The Associated Press this week, claiming her Galaxy J5 almost exploded in the hands of her four-year-old son.

During a family gathering at her home, she noticed the phone getting very hot and asked her son to pass it over to her. She proceeded to throw the device away quickly, after realizing it had “swollen up” with smoke coming out of it.

I panicked when I saw the smoke and I had the reflex to throw it away,” she tells the publication.

Bouyirdane says she purchased the phone in last June from a website selling the product during a promotion. The report doesn’t tell us whether the woman contacted Samsung to ask for a refund or a replacement.

However, the French incident is most likely an isolated one. The phone has been out on the market and no overheating problems were reported in relation to it. It might have been just bad luck in this case.

[The Associate Press]

The post Samsung Galaxy J5 Allegedly Overheats and Starts Smoking in France appeared first on Android in Canada Blog.

Android Match

Post a Comment