Using biometric authentication for banking logins is nothing new. It adds a level of convenience with only a slight decrease in security, although I find it only a bit faster than using a PIN. Apps like PayPal and USAA have had it for some time, and Discover is finally joining the party.
Here's the official changelog:
- Use Fingerprint to log in quicker, easier and more securely on compatible Android devices
- Edit your account password within the app
- Access and download TAX documents within the app
- Enjoy an updated Bill Pay experience with streamlined design and layout enhancements
- Choose and personalize which account Alerts you’d like to receive within the app
- Transfer Money with improved functionality
As you can see, adding in fingerprint support isn't the only thing Discover has added here.Read More
Discover Mobile app gets fingerprint login support (finally), new convenience features was written by the awesome team at Android Police.